Thursday, June 26, 2014

GLASS STRAWS



I've always been a fan of straws and use them mostly for smoothies and hot beverages, but I wanted an eco friendly version since our land mines are filled with plastic. After watching Benji from "Its Judy's Life" using metal straws for his smoothies I became obsessed with the idea of eco friendly straws. I was hesitant on purchasing metal straws since many people complain of the metal taste, and I was weary of glass straws and how fragile they might be. After some research I invested in some glass straws from a company called SimplyStraws. I purchased mine from Amazon but you might find a similar version on Etsy.

I bought 6 straight straws, 3 for me and 3 for Mark in the colours: Amber, Amethyst, Blue, Green, Pink and Teal

FIRST IMPRESSION
1. Overal Quality - Initially I was afraid they would shatter easily if I dropped them in the sink, but they are actually very durable. The glass is thick that it won't easily break and it is thick enough to use with hot beverages. I usually drink tea with straws to avoid tea stains and most plastic straws end up melting or become scorching hot that you can't even use them. These straws were thick enough that you don't burn your lips.

2. Design - Simply Straws makes a variety of sizes, colour and shapes (ie. bent or straight) and they also comes with a fitted brush for easy cleaning. The diameter of the straws are perfect for thick smoothies.

3. Company Policy - Although these are expensive you are definitely getting your money's worth because Simply Straws has a lifetime guarantee- "of you break 'em, we replace 'em."

I've been using these straws religiously for weeks now and I absolutely love them. I wish I bought the bent straws in a shorter length so make sure you order the correct length before purchasing your straws.

Let's Reduce, Reuse and Recycle! 

-A

No comments:

Post a Comment