Saturday, March 1, 2014

SIMPLE & HEALTHY STIR FRY

Hi! I only had 30 minutes before I had to head out to work and I didn't have anything pre-made for lunch so I thought I would whip up a stir fry.... and it surprisingly turned out alright :)

Ingredients
  • Quinoa
  • Balsamic
  • Vinegar
  • Chicken broth (or vegetable broth)
  • Peppers 
  • Onion (not show in picture)
Method: cook your quinoa following the instructions at the back of the package, but instead of using water use your broth of choice. Dice your peppers and onions and sauté them in a pan. Add balsamic vinegar to the pan and add any additional seasonings (I added Mrs. Dash Original Seasoning). Once your quinoa is cooked add your sauté and enjoy!

Cooking tip
Cutting peppers-  I find it best to cut a circle around the stem of the peppers and pull the top part out. This works great for pulling all the seeds out at once.


-A

No comments:

Post a Comment