Wednesday, February 26, 2014

PIPETTE TIPS AND CENTRIFUGES


Today was such a busy day of learning.  As mentioned in the previous post I am currently studying Cellular Pathology.  Today I had the opportunity to work in a Class II Biosafety Cabinet.  Some of the specimens have Level III microorganisms like Tubercle bacillus. I preformed several pre-analytical techniques to investigate tumour cells under the microscope.  I can't say this is very glamorous as you can tell by the 'Big Bird' gown I have on, but it definitely pays to know that what I am doing plays such a vital role in a patient's journey. Because I primarily work with the diagnosis of benign and malignant tumours I know that a cancer patient's journey is never an easy one. Cancer is NO JOKE.  I absolutely hate it and if we can detect it early the chances are that treatment is that much better.  I guess you can say this post if for all  science nerds out there paving the way, CHEERS TO YOU!

-M 

No comments:

Post a Comment