Sunday, March 9, 2014

MID-CENTURY

Hey guys,

I am going to try and post new content on the blog first of every week.  Keeping you posted on what I am doing or anything interesting that comes my way.

For many years now I have been very interested in the Mid Century aesthetic.  This style of design stems from the early 60s.  Think AMC's Mad Men, what Don Drapper would put in his office/home. Coincidently, Mad Men tops my must watch series on television.   There is just something about how the show is written that allures me to watch.  I guess you can say that maybe in my past life I was born in that era.

Winnipeg has become more and more welcoming to this type of design.  For my birthday Ash picked me up a new print from Tiny Feast, a little stationary shop in the Exchange District.  The print depicts Winnipeg in the 1950s shaped like a heart and has an Aristotle quote beneath it.  I found it simple and understated.  Minimalism at its best.  I framed it with an inexpensive frame from IKEA and viola!  I absolutely love it.  It is hung above my vintage Herman Miller Eames Arm chair I picked up a few years ago.  This chair is arguably a mid century enthusiast staple.  Here is a snap shot of how it look. Perfect in a little corner of my room.  Hope you guys have a wonderful week.

- M

2 comments:

  1. Kool chair man - SO urban and organic at the same time...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Means a lot coming from you. Thanks for visiting the blog! -A&M

      Delete