Sunday, March 2, 2014

BUTTERSCOTCH LATTE

Hello again, it has been a very long winter in Winnipeg. I read in the paper the other day that it has been a record long winter compared to the last 35 years! I am sure Winnipeggers are beginning to become stir crazy in their homes, so here is a treat to cheer you up!

Tid Bit - Everyone who knows me can tell you how much I enjoy drinking coffee, Ash gifted me this awesome Keurig machine last Christmas, which took this addiction to the next level so to speak -  thanks babe!

WHAT YOU NEED
  • Keurig machine (or you can use a french press using your favourite coffee)
  • Coffee K-CUP (I used a Starbucks House Blend)
  • Milk frother (I got mine from IKEA)
  • 10-15 Butterscotch chips
  • 2/3 cup Half and Half
  • Double walled cup (optional)
INSTRUCTIONS
  1. Start by adding Half and Half into a sauce pan and warm it over a stove top under low to medium heat until it simmers - don't let it boil
  2. Remove the milk from the heat and add Butterscotch chips (you can always add extra if you want your latte extra sweet, but I'm sweet enough so I didn't add extra :P) to the warm milk and let the chips melt while stirring occasionally
  3. Add half of the warm Butterscotch/Milk liquid into the double walled cup and place it into the pan of the Keurig machine
  4. Following the steps of the Keurig go ahead and place the K-CUP and brew to the "Medium" cup setting
  5. Once brewed add the rest of the Butterscotch/Milk liquid
  6. Using the Milk Frother, Froth the contents of the cup until a desired level of foam is achieved, enjoy!



Stay warm and hope you enjoy!

-M

No comments:

Post a Comment