Monday, May 26, 2014

CHOCOLATE CHIP OATMEAL COOKIES

I've always wanted to open a bakery/coffee shop since high school. There is something about the atmosphere about walking into a small bakery filled with heavenly scents of fresh baked goodness. I remember my parents use to make their own bread on the weekends and there is nothing better than walking up the smell of freshly made bread. We live in a fast pace society that we forget to slow down and enjoy the simple things in life like good home cooked food. Every time I come home I make my favourite chocolate chip oatmeal cookies which I have perfected over the years.


Time: 25 minutes | Yield: 3 dozen

Ingredients
  • 1 1/4 c. flour
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1/2 tsp cinnamon
  • 1 c. butter
  • 1/2 c. granulated sugar
  • 1/2 c. brown sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 3 cups old fashioned oats
  • 3/4 c. dark chocolate chips + 2 squares of white Baker's chocolate chopped up

Method
  • In a bowl combine flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon 
  • In a mixer cream butter softened at room temperature, sugars and eggs together
  • Gradually beat in flour mixture until blended
  • Stir in oats and chocolate chips
  • Drop dough by tablespoon (I used an ice-cream scooper to keep the size consistent) onto an ungreased pan
  • Bake at 375°F for 8 minutes for chewy cookies or 10 minutes for crisp cookies

Enjoy!

-A

No comments:

Post a Comment