Monday, May 19, 2014

HEART & STROKE

Hi,

A month ago I attended a CPR course geared toward healthcare providers.  To be honest I was putting off doing the training, but was forced since it is a requirement for my course of study.  I was pleasantly surprised on how informative this course was.  

I took the course at The Canadian First Aid Training Centre in Winnipeg.  The instructor was very funny and honed in on the important aspects we needed to know.  Many of the students I sat in with were nurses, doctors and paramedics so it was nice to see their take on healthcare.  The material was delivered by the The Canadian Heart and Stroke Foundation.  Through video demonstrations I was able to perform CPR and utilize an Automatic External Defibrillator (AED) on dummies (infant and adult).  Being part of the healthcare field we were also taught how to preform Basic Life Support (BLS) in groups of two.  

It was a very informative 8 hours session, I thoroughly enjoyed it! Here are some pictures I was able to "sneak" in during break sessions;



I highly suggest taking this course.  You never know when you can save a life!!!

-M

No comments:

Post a Comment