Tuesday, April 15, 2014

OOTD - SPRING LAYERING

Hello Everyone!

PHOTO: Winnipeg 6 Day forecast - Yes we are still in the negative but it is better than -50. I'm not complaining.

Spring has finally sprung in Winnipeg (let's not talk about the possibility of flurries this weekend)! Having lived in Winnipeg most of my life, this winter tops the worst it has ever been.  But let's not be such Debbie Downers, the bright side to living in the Prairies is enjoying all the seasons nature has to offer.  

Moreover, Spring and Fall are definitely the two seasons I look forward to every year. Why you ask? Well for the sheer fact that you can layer!  I am a firm believer in investment pieces, which are classic staple pieces that are a little more in price point, but are justified by its sheer practicality and use - Ashley can vouch for me on this.  I like to mix and match not only investment pieces, but pieces that can carry me through season to season.  This post is dedicated to what I would typically wear on a spring day out to run errands or meet up with friends for some beers.

An awesome investment piece I have used over the years is a jean jacket by Levi's, it truly transforms any outfit.  My style tip is to get one that is tailored to your body type. Levi's are coming out with new designs of their classic jean jacket only this time with slimmer fits, great for you hipsters out there. I chose this "U" neck t-shirt from JOE FRESH to layer underneath the jean jacket, inexpensive and a subtle change from the "crew neck" or "v-neck".  For bottoms, slim fit chinos have been in my spring lineup for many seasons now. These chinos are from TOPMAN and I style them rolled up.  I know you guys are wondering why I chose these shoes, and the reason being that Double Monk strap shoes are such a classic style and dates back to the British Aristocrats from the 70s. This shoe from ALDO features brown suede exterior and a crepe sole, perfect for a spring shoe (did I mention it is on SALE)! These shoes could easily be worn with dark denim jeans.  I usually wear these as is with no socks (think Parisian)! These shoes take a simple outfit and adds an unexpected twist.  

One thing that I do skimp on are accessories.  I like to keep it simple and practical.  Every man needs a good time piece.  I would highly suggest this Casio watch in gold, it pairs off with many outfits including this one.   Digital watches have been very trendy lately and has been featured in GQ on many occasions.  Since it does get quite sunny in Winnipeg during the spring I usually wear this Boston Red Sox Baseball cap.

To recap, spring doesn't need to be such a drab, try layering your outfits!  Invest in pieces that will last.  Tailored items are key for a professional and well put together look.  Tell us what your person style story is in the comment section below.  

PHOTO: Boston Red Sox Baseball Cap - Foot Locker,  Slim Fit Trucker Jean Jacket - Urban Outfitters, U Neck T-shirt - JOE FRESH, Slim Fit Chinos - TOPMAN, Gold Timepiece - American Apparel, Double Monk Straps - ALDO

-M

No comments:

Post a Comment