Friday, November 14, 2014

LUCKY GOLD CHARMS

For years I've been on the hunt for the perfect dainty gold necklace and I have finally found something close to what I've been looking for. I recently started reading books on Buddhism and wanted a Hamsa necklace to remind me of the new practice of Buddhism I was taking up.

Hamsa is an ancient symbol from the Middle East and is believed to possess magical powers of protection, happiness and prosperity. I looked all over Amazon and Etsy and found a unique version of the Hamsa by BijouxMeg. I instantly fell in love with her shop and wanted to buy everything! She had mastered the art of creating simple, intricate, elegant pieces of jewelry, and I felt an instant connection with her because she understood that jewelry isn't all about statement pieces and completing outfits. Jewelry can be a meaningful piece that someone wears almost everyday and can change the way they feel, it can instantly make you feel beautiful, confident or connected with yourself or a greater being.

In her "About" section on her shop she says, "when I started offering personalized jewelry, my whole outlook changed. I can't even explain the joy it brings to help create special pieces that mean so much to each recipient. I know that every time they look at their piece of jewelry, something special comes to their mind, and I am so happy to have helped create that for them :)"



I couldn't resist buying the wishbone necklace in addition to the Hamsa and I surprisingly wear the wishbone necklace more than the Hamsa, but I wear one of them almost every day and have received numerous compliments on them.

You can tell a lot of thought and work went into the packing of these two pieces. Each item was received in a cute brown box tied with a bow. The necklaces were wrapped in a bag sealed with a heart sticker and the chains of each necklace was carefully place in a small zip lock bag adhered to the back of the necklace holder to prevent tangling. She also included special instructions for caring for the jewelry and a personalized hand written card.

If you are looking a special personalized piece of jewelry for the holidays definitely check out her Etsy shop, you won't be disappointed.

-A

No comments:

Post a Comment